“John 21:17-18 Jesus said, "feed my sheep. Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go."
The Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church Senior Outreach Ministry is a group of volunteers who provide assistance to seniors age 60 and above who lives within the church community including Kershaw and Richland counties.
The purpose of the ministry is to provide opportunities for fellowship, discipleship, and activities for seniors to the glory of God.
The Ministry meets three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am to 1:30pm. Transportation is provided by the church bus, each senior are pick up from their homes and return to their homes at the end of their day.
- Health and Wellness program, seniors begin their exercises by walking inside the family life center, continuing with 20 minutes chair aerobics.
- Spiritual support, seniors study God’s word through reading their Bibles and Our Daily Bread with an open group discussion.
- Each senior are provided with a health lunch each day. Lunches include sandwiches, salads, fruits, and snacks.
- Birthday Club, each senior contributes 2.00 each month and once a month all seniors take out the birthday senior(s) for lunch.
- Shopping and Lunch trips, seniors are taken to local stores like, Burlington, Hamrick’s and Dollar General. At the end of their shopping they go to the Golden Corral for lunch.
- Seasonal Farmer Market Trip, seniors are taken to the local farmer market to purchase fresh grown vegetables and fruits.
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), sponsor by the Harvest Hope Food Bank. Seniors who are eligible for program receives once a month on the third Friday, free monthly nutrition information and nutritious foods such as: Canned Fruit, Vegetables, Meat, Cereal, Cheese, Fruit Juice, and Pasta.
- We value having regularly planned activities for seniors within our community.
- We value each and every senior and the opportunities which are given to them to fellowship, to learn, to grow and be active within this ministry.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Missionary / Senior Outreach: Trustee Bertha Bynum